Hello everybody. I’m back in your inbox this warm morning to walk you through everything you need to know about what’s happening these days in Smithtown.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement. at the top of the Smithtown Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
Now, today’s weather:
Sunshine, hot and humid. High: 90, low: 78.
This great local business sponsors the Smithtown Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will, too:
Looking for a realtor with deep expertise in the Smithtown area? Veronica Mannarino of Douglas Elliman has lived in our area for 35 years and has 18 years of experience in the local real estate market. Veronica has an excellent reputation with sellers and buyers, whether it’s using her interior and exterior home staging experience to prepare a home to shine, or helping buyers find the perfect home for their needs and budget. Visit Veronica here to learn more today.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top 4 stories in Smithtown today:
- Registrations are now open for Smithtown Performing Arts Center Summer Theater Intensive 2022. Participants will develop acting skills and confidence in this fun and interactive workshop. For details, access here. (SmithtownPAC)
- Stony Brook Hospital welcomes the Ronald McDonald House Family Room. The new space offers a kitchen, laundry room, and other facilities for NICU parents and families caring for newborns. (Smithtown Matters)
- For those looking forward to buying a home in the Smithtown area or just curious about the newest listing in the neighborhood, look at this half-acre property with a pool and walk-in closet located at 311 Rose Lane in Smithtown. (Patch)
- Nearby News: Police are searching for two men who stole wallets from unlocked cars in Port Jefferson, Setauket, and the Stony Brook area. Police said the suspects drove a Sedan to commit the thefts. A cash reward is offered for whoever gives information that leads to an arrest. (Daily Voice)
Today in Smithtown:
- Art Exhibit-John P. Cardone (Smithtown Library-Kings Park). (9:30 a.m.)
- Nursery Rhyme Time (Smithtown Library-Nesconset Building). (10 a.m.)
- On the Farm Sing-a-long (Smithtown Library-Commack Building. (10:30 am)
- Baby Playground (Smithtown Library-Kings Park Building). (11 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Smithtown Library Kids: “Join us at the Long Island Museum on August 12 to bring history to life! Learn all about Anderson’s award-winning book Lizzie Demands a Seat, then take a tour of the museum’s collection of horse-drawn vehicles.” (Smithtown Library Kids via Facebook)
- Sweetbriar Nature Center: “If you have any of these items around that you no longer want or need, we are looking for some donations. We need toilet paper, disposable gloves, kids’ markers, dry erase markers, hand soap, baby wipes, and dry cat food. ” (Sweetbriar Nature Center via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. I’ll see you around!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at [email protected]