LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Bucknell men’s basketball team opens the 2022-23 season at home on Monday, Nov. 7, and the Bison are ready to welcome fans back to Sojka Pavilion in full force. Tickets for the season-opener against Lebanon Valley can be purchased for 50% off using the promo code WELCOMEBACK. | BUY TICKETS HERE.
In addition to the special discount on tickets, fans attending the game will receive a “White Out” t-shirt, presented by Weis Markets, and a team magnet schedule, courtesy of W&L, while supplies last.
On Wednesday evening, head coach Nathan Davis and members of the team will be in attendance to talk about the upcoming season at the annual Backcourt Club Tip-Off reception at Brendan’s Towne Tavern in Lewisburg. The $10 entry includes food and select drinks, as well as raffle tickets to win Bison gear and other prizes, including a pair of 2022-23 season tickets. The event starts at 7 pm
The Bucknell Basketball Luncheons will once again return for the 2022-23 season. The luncheons will be held at the Bull Run Tap House on Market Street in downtown Lewisburg and will feature head coaches Nathan Davis and Trevor Woodruff, as well as select players from both the men’s and women’s teams. Admission is $10 for Bison Club members or $20 for the general public. All luncheons begin promptly at noon, and will be held on the following schedule:
- Thursday, December 1
- Wednesday, January 4
- Thursday, February 2
- Thursday, February 23
Monday’s game is the first of 14 regular-season home dates for the Bison, who return four starters along with a host of exciting young players in 2022-23. The Bison will play at home again the following Saturday against Niagara at 4 pm The program will be raising awareness for ALS in honor of Patrick Behan ’10, who will be in attendance that evening along with a number of Bucknell basketball alumni. That will also be the first half of the “Bison Dimes and Riding Times” doubleheader, with the wrestling team hosting Oklahoma State in Sojka Pavilion at 7 pm Special combo packages are available at the Campus Box Office.
Tickets to all men’s and women’s basketball home games can be purchased in advance online, over the phone at 570-577-1000, or in person at the Campus Box Office location in the Weis Center. In addition to single-game tickets, season-ticket packages and Junior Bison Club memberships are also on sale.
Below are the team’s 2022-23 home schedule and promotional events.
- Nov. 7vs. Lebanon Valley (W&L Magnet Giveaway and White Out, presented by Weis Markets)
- Nov. 12vs. Niagara (Alumni Day/Behan Strong ALS Awareness Game and Bison Dimes & Riding Time)
- Nov. 26vs. Marist
- Nov. 30vs. Saint Francis (Pa.) (Youth Basketball Night, presented by Red Robin)
- Dec 18vs. Merrimack (Non-Profit Appreciation)
- Jan. 2vs. Boston University (Scout Day)
- Jan 5vs. lehigh
- Jan. 11vs. Loyola
- Jan 21vs. Holy Cross (Coaches vs. Cancer)
- Jan 25vs. Navy (First Responder/Military Appreciation)
- Feb. 4vs. Army (Mascot Night, presented by Red Robin)
- Feb. 11vs. Colgate (Dirk Sojka’s Slam Dunk with Bison Basketball)
- Feb. 13vs. American (Geisinger Giveaway)
- Feb. 25vs. Lafayette (Donor & Fan Appreciation Day and Senior Day)