Metaverse experts to convene at SIGGRAPH on August 10, 2022.
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — A full-day, 2-part course on “Building the Open Metaverse” will be held at SIGGRAPH 2022 in Vancouver, BC on August 10, 2022.
Organized by Patrick CozziCEO of Cesium, and Marc PetitVP, Unreal Engine Ecosystem at Epic Games, the course will introduce the fundamental concepts of the metaverse with a focus on openness, collaboration, and interoperability.
Speakers include a wealth of metaverse experts Snow Crash author Neal Stephenson and executives from NVIDIA, Pixar, Roblox, AWS, Adobe, and Unity, along with leaders of standards organizations the Open Geospatial Consortium and The Khronos Group.
“In the spirit of SIGGRAPH, these sessions are designed to share knowledge about what the community has built so far and what challenges and opportunities lie ahead as we work together to build an open and interoperable metaverse,” said Cesium CEO. Patrick Cozzi.
The course is a no-hype introduction to the open metaverse, a 3D internet of connected, persistent, virtual worlds with social and industrial applications. Topics covered include the origin of the metaverse, its current state and potential future; 3D-first computing, game engine ecosystems; bridging the real and virtual worlds; the evolution of content creation; scaling users and worlds, and interoperability through open standards.
- Neal StephensonCofounder, Lamina1 and Author, Snow Crash
- Guido QuaroniSenior Director of Engineering, Adobe 3D&I
- Steve MayCTO, Pixar Animation Studios
- Natalya TatarchukDistinguished Technical Fellow and Chief Architect, VP, Professional Artistry & Graphics Innovation, Unity
- Rev LebaredianVice President, Omniverse & Simulation Technology, NVIDIA
- Morgan McGuireChief Scientist, Roblox
- Jeff PetersenPrincipal Engineer, Amazon Web Services
- Nadine AlamehCEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
- Neil TrevettPresident, The Khronos Group, and VP, Developer Ecosystems, NVIDIA
To attend, Register for SIGGRAPH
About Cesium – 3D Geospatial for the Metaverse
Cesium is the open 3D geospatial platform for the metaverse. Cesium created 3D Tiles, the open standard for streaming massive 3D geospatial data. With offerings like the open source Cesium for Unreal plugin, we’re empowering creators to build digitized worlds with real-world data at scale.