The Office Assistant II will work with other members of the administrative team to provide administrative, clerical, operational support services across the project.
The incumbent will assist with effective coordination of the day-to-day affairs of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall task described above, specific duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the various units / teams at the country office, including scanning, photocopying, filing, assisting with documentation of staff, managing IT equipment as required.
- Work with front desk officer to sort and distribute official mails and correspondence both internally and externally.
- Receive project materials, assist with stock taking, storage and distribution within the country office and to other locations.
- Assist to supervise cleaners, office repair and maintenance workers while working in BA-N premises.
- Serve as backstop for the office receptionist.
- Assist with booking of meeting rooms and ensuring audio visual equipment are in good condition.
- Responsible for booking of conference hall and meeting rooms for meetings; work with receptionist to coordinate caterers to ensure food is served as requested and approved.
- Provide logistic and secretarial support during meetings, workshops and conferences, responsible for hall setup and assist with organizing workshop materials, printing attendances and agenda during meetings.
- Assist with obtaining quotes and small purchases within petty cash and under micro purchase level.
- Assist with asset and inventory management and general office maintenance.
- Assist with receipt, counting and verification of project materials, ensure proper documentation is obtained and materials logged appropriately.
- Supports admin, finance, IT, HR and program teams as needed.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Basic IT and Computer skills, ability to work with MS Office Word and Excel and email.
- Must have good customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on-the-job stress.
- Must be focused, detailed, and be creative in making decisions.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
OND or HND in a relevant field (administration, social science, humanities, other). Experience on USAID funded projects programs in Nigeria and or Health projects is an advantage.
Must be fluent in English.
Click Here To Apply