Keeneland’s position at the center of the global Thoroughbred industry reaches a pinnacle Nov. 4 and 5 when the track hosts the Breeders’ Cup World Championships and continues Nov. 7 for Book 1 of the November Breeding Stock Sale. The sale, which covers 10 sessions through Nov. 16, features a number of proven producers, broodmare prospects, and weanlings with connections to horses entered in the Breeders’ Cup.
Keeneland will hold the November Horses of Racing Sale, Nov. 17 as a stand-alone auction for this segment of the market.
Half Sister to Cave Rock is Latest Supplement
Take Charge Angel, whose half brother Cave Rock is the undefeated 4-5 morning-line favorite for the FanDuel Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Presented by Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance (G1), has been supplemented to Book 1.
in foal to McKinzie Take Charge Angel is a daughter of Will Take Charge out of the Bellamy Road sea Georgia’s Angel . She won her career debut at Churchill Downs and two races later in her 3-year-old debut finished a half-length behind future champion Covfefe in to Keeneland allowance.
Gainesway, agent, consigns Take Charge Angel and her first foal, a weanling colt by McKinzie, who is Hip 193 in Book 1.
Sign up for bloodhorse Daily
Thirteen Supplemented to Horses of Racing Age Sale
The latest round of supplements to the Nov. 17 November Horses of Racing Age Sale consists of 13 horses, including:
- Amy C. a 4-year-old filly by Charming Thought who won the Oct. 29 Senator Ken Maddy Stakes at Santa Anita. A four-time winner in France, Belmont Parkand Santa Anita, Amy C is out of Alzahra, a daughter of Australian-bred Exceed And Excel and from the family of European champion attraction . Cataloged as a racing or broodmare prospect, Amy C is consigned by ELiTE, agent.
- Anywho, a 2-year-old filly by Bolt d’Oro out of stakes-placed fancy and flashy bye Zensational who captured her Oct. 23 career debut in maiden special weight company at Belmont at the Big A. From the family of grade 1-placed stakes winner Lacquaria, she is cataloged as a racing or broodmare prospect and consigned by ELiTE, agent.
- provocateur to 3-year-old into mischief colt who this year won the Hutcheson Stakes at Gulfstream Park and the Jersey Shore Stakes at Monmouth Park and was third in the Woody Stephens Stakes Presented by Mohegan Sun (G1) at Belmont. A full brother to grade 3 winner OneLiner , he is out of the Cherokee Run mare Cayala. Provocateur, who is cataloged as a racing or stallion prospect, is consigned by ELiTE, agent.
Breeders’ Cup Ties to the Breeding Stock Sale
Among the cataloged in-foal mares are these producers of Breeders’ Cup hopefuls:
- Silver Affair dam of Xigera (Juvenile Fillies Turf, G1T), in foal to street boss . Consigned as Hip 1015 with Lisa and Tim Turney, agent.
- Diva Delite dam of checking (Juvenile, G1) and grade 1 winner Midnight Bisou in foal to gun runner . Consigned by Hunter Valley Farm, agent as Hip 182.
- marion ravenwood dam of Nest (Distaff, G1) and Lost Ark (Juvenile), in foal to curling . Consigned as Hip 187 by Ashview Farm.
- Mary Rita dam of Major Dude (Juvenile Turf, G1T), in foal to Charlatan . Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent as Hip 230.
- Raindrops Droptops, dam of Gaslight Dancer (Juvenile Turf), in foal to McKinzie. Consigned as Hip 1682 with Paramount Sales, agent.
- Silent Candy dam of Epicenter (Classic, G1), in foal to Not This Time . Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent as Hip 167.
These Breeders’ Cup entrants are cataloged as racing or broodmare prospects:
- American Apple (Juvenile Turf Sprint, G1T), Hip 234 with KatieRich Farms.
- Caravel (Turf Sprint, G1T), consigned with Hunter Valley Farm, agent, as Hip 224.
- dreamlopper (Mile, G1T), Hip 239 with Ed Walker Racing, agent.
- Edgeway (Filly & Mare Sprint, G1), consigned with Lane’s End, agent, as Hip 156.
Weanlings who have siblings entered in the Breeders’ Cup are:
- half brother to Moira (Filly & Mare Turf, G1T), by Sir Prancealot consigned by Gainesway, agent, as Hip 716.
- half brother to Sharp Aza Tack (Juvenile Turf Sprint), by good magic consigned as Hip 880 with Hill ‘n’ Dale at Xalapa, agent.
November Sales Schedule
More than 3,700 horses are cataloged to the November Breeding Stock Sale, which will present the following schedule:
Book 1 – Monday, Nov. 7. Session begins at 1 pm with 240 horses in the catalog.
Each remaining session begins at 10 am:
Book 2 – Tuesday-Wednesday, Nov. 8-9. A total of 756 horses are cataloged over the two days.
Book 3 – Thursday-Friday, Nov. 10-11. A total of 827 horses are cataloged over the two days.
Book 4 – Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 12-14. A total of 812 horses are cataloged over the two days.
Book 5 – Monday-Wednesday, Nov. 14-16. A total of 1,070 horses are cataloged over the three days.
November Horses of Racing Age Sale – Thursday, Nov. 17. A total of 333 horses are presently cataloged to the sale, which begins at noon.
All Keeneland sales are livestreamed at Keeneland.com.
This press release has been edited for content and style by BloodHorse Staff.