The most popular sports tourism event for children and families, Navarino Challenge, celebrates its 10th anniversary on October 21-23, 2022, at Costa Navarino and Pylos, with an even greater emphasis on the new generations.
This year’s event brings children closer to sports, enriching its schedule with more children’s activities. Following the purpose of the Olympic Movement, the event contributes on an annual basis towards the fight against childhood obesity and building a better world through the educational value of sport, without discrimination, with the participation of Olympians, world champions and personalities from the field of sports, while raising public awareness about the benefits of the Messinian diet.
More than 15 sports activities for children.
The great celebration of sports tourism will offer children with an opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- 1km run for children up to 9 years old
- 1km run for children 10 to 14 years old
- Basketball lessons for children 5 to 16 years old, with Olympian & Eurobasket MVP Evina Maltsi, as well as EuroLeague legend Joe Arlauckas
- 4×4 Basketball by Trace ‘n Chase for parents and children
- Beachathlon (Athletics Games for parents & children from 6 to 13 years old) by the Olympian and European Champion Periklis Iakovakis
- Tennis Induction for 6 to 9 year old kids and 10 to 13 year old kids supported by Mouratoglou Tennis Center – Costa Navarino
- Tennis Half Day Kids Camp for children aged 5 to 15 years old supported by Mouratoglou Tennis Center – Costa Navarino
- Bike Ride in Voidokoilia in collaboration with Navarino Outdoors
- Climbing with Christina Flampouri, who has conquered the 7 highest peaks in the world and the support of Navarino Outdoors
- Baby Swimming for children up to 3 years old, accompanied by a parent with the support of Red Swim Academy and Swim O’ Clock
- Boxing lessons from the champion Christos Gatsis and Vizantinos Target Sport Club
Kick Boxing lessons from the champion Alexandros Nikolaidis
- Pilates by the physical education trainer Mandy Persaki
- Yoga from FitnessArt
- Open Water Sea Kayaking on the island of Sphacteria accompanied by a parent with the support of Explore Messinia
- Additional activities will be announced soon.
Run in the top Greek Half Marathon with the Greek-American ultramarathon runner Konstantinos Dean Karnazes, crossing the beautiful beach of Voidokoilia, or choose the 10km route or the fun 5km route Powered by Samsung which can even be completed with dynamic walking. For the youngest friends or fans of running, the 1km children’s route will reward children 10-14 years old and kids up to 9 years of age. Register now by completing the available form through the following link.
Thanks for reading Hellenic News of America
Live the unique sports experience and stay at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino
Enjoy a weekend full of outdoor wellness activities for people of all ages. Book now the event’s accommodation package with half board and live this year’s unique sports and cultural experience. For more information on accommodation packages at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino you may send your email to booking(at)navarinochallenge.com or call Vita N Travel at +30 210 3249070. Check the accommodation packages here.
Costa Navarino and The Westin Resort Costa Navarino are the Official Hospitality Sponsors.
Samsung Electronics Hellas supports the event as its Official Technology Partner.
Miele is the event’s Official Sponsor.
Vikos Natural Mineral Water is the Official Water.
Luanvi is the Official Sports Supplier.
Poseidonia Restaurant, Karalis Beach Hotel and Bombay Sapphire are Navarino Challenge’s Official Supporters.
Kois Optics are the event’s Official Optics Partner.
Messinian Spa is the Official Beauty Partner.
Pilia Express, the transport company based in Pylos and Phee, are the event’s Partners.
SKAI is the Premium TV Partner.
Explore Messinia, FitnessArt, F45 Barrio Salamanca, Mouratoglou Tennis Center – Costa Navarino, Navarino Golf Academy, Navarino Outdoors, Pilates by Mandy, Red Swim Academy, Swim O’ Clock, Triantafyllidis Beach Arena, Vizantinos target sport club are Navarino Challenge’s Athletic Partners.
The event is assisted by Vita N Travel and Kayak.
Navarino Challenge will take place under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism and the Greek National Tourism Organization.
The event has joined the Greek actions of the #BeactiveHellas 2022 program of the European Commission and is held under the auspices of the General Secretariat of Sports.
The event is organized by ActiveMedia Group which is also responsible for the event’s Sports Production.