The Office of the District Attorney – 9th Judicial District (Colorado) seeks an experienced Special Victims Investigator. The 9th Judicial District comprises Garfield, Pitkin, and Rio Blanco Counties and includes the cities of Glenwood Springs and Aspen. Headquartered in Glenwood Springs, the Office of the District Attorney is committed to providing the highest levels of criminal investigation and prosecution in the pursuit of justice, while also valuing teamwork and collaboration, common-sense prosecutorial discretion, and work-life balance.
- Investigation of sexual assaults against adults and children; child abuse; domestic violence offences; and crimes against at-risk victims.
- Assistance in prosecution, including expert testimony, on cases across the District.
- Coordination with other professionals involved in special victim investigations including Victim Advocates, Department of Human Services Child Protection personnel, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners, and Child Advocacy Center personnel.
- Continued education related to special victims crimes.
- Training of law enforcement and prosecutors.
- Five years experience as a law enforcement officer.
- High school diploma.
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) certification, or the ability to obtain a lateral certification for out-of-state applicants, is required.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Experience conducting complex criminal investigations into sexual assaults against adults and children; child abuse; domestic violence offences; and crimes against at-risk victims to include testifying at trial.
- Endorsements as an expert witness in the fields of sexual assaults against adults and children; child abuse; domestic violence offences; and crimes against at-risk victims.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, or another related field.
Salary: $72,000 – $80,000 DOE
Advantages: Health Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement, Flex Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care), Vacation and Sick time.
Schedule: 8 hour shifts on Monday to Friday.
Location: Possibility of working off-site at a local child advocacy center.
application: Please send a cover letter and resume to Chief Investigator Lee Damuth via email at [email protected] Resumes will be accepted through close of business on March 8th, 2022.