DUBLIN, May 13, 2022 / PRNewswire / – The “Metaverse Technology Market Outlook” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
As per this latest market study, the Metaverse Technology market was valuable at $ 32 billion in 2021 and is likely to reach $ 224 billion By 2030. Software is more than 80% of the market in 2021. The metaverse technology is expected to create revenue opportunities across multiple verticals, especially for those companies that develop virtual platforms and their components, semiconductors and chips that render ultrarealistic graphics, and the related software.
Metaverse Technology Market – Highlights
- In augmented reality (AR), head-mounted displays (HMD) and head-up displays (HUD) are widely used. The three main types of devices used in virtual reality are HMD, projectors and display walls, and gesture-tracking devices. Standalone AR / VR devices deliver the requirement of metaverse experience to users of personal computers or smartphones as these devices have built-in displays and processors. In terms of unit shipment, AR devices contributed only 1% of the overall metaverse hardware market in 2020 and are expected to have more than 90% share by 2030.
- The consumer segment is going to have the largest share (~ 29%) of the market by 2030, including gaming and entertainment applications where AR is used to create 3D objects in the real world. The flourishing gaming and sports and entertainment sectors fuel the use of metaverse in the consumer industry. VR technology also offers remarkable results regarding visual effects when used in gaming and sport broadcasts.
- The metaverse market in APAC is expected to grow at 25% of the highest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. North America LED the market in 2021. Growing use of smartphones, increasing adoption of smart devices, and surging demand for AR / VR in various applications are key factors fuelling the growth of the metaverse market North AmericaGeneral Chat Chat Lounge However, the APAC in the market is expected to surpass the metaverse market North America by 2028. The metaverse market is expected to witness significant growth in the next few years, with increasing adoption of the metaverse. China, Japanand South KoreaGeneral Chat Chat Lounge
- The presence of companies such as Blippar, Inde, Engine Creative, and Holition that are actively involved in the AR / VR industry is expected to drive the growth of the metaverse market in the UK. The digital transformation of the UK is expected to fuel the growth of the augmented reality market in the country. The UK is a hotbed for AR devices. The demand for metaverse is expected to surge in the UK, primarily from the gaming industry, as the country is one of the largest video gaming industries in the world.
- In the metaverse, users are connected to their avatars or any other digital representation, and the information collected about their activities is personal data, which is liable to exist for privacy and data protection laws. Regulation on privacy may vary based on the physical location of an organization or a user, the type of an organization or a user, the type of data being collected, and the type of data collection, and the purpose of data collection. Organizations will be subject to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK data privacy laws
Metaverse vs Digital Twin
Digital twins enable the creation of rich digital models of physical or logical assets that can be products or complex environments. Such models can be brought to life and synchronized with the physical world that acts as a foundation for the metaverse platform. Anheuser-Busch InBev, one of the largest brewers in the world, uses metaverse application. AB InBev uses Microsoft Azure Digital Twins to create a comprehensive digital model of its breweries and supply chain. AB InBev uses mixed reality over its digital twin for remote assistance, fostering effectiveness sharing across geographies.
Virtually scanned objects in the metaverse are not digital twins. A scanned object, once incorporated with real metadata and live data feeds from sensors overlaid simultaneously, makes it a digital twin. According to David-Weir McCall Of Epic Games, the metaverse is the digital world that lives with the physical world and allows people to live, work, and play alongside each other, and digital twin are the foundations of which the metaverse will be built. The digital twin in the metaverse allows the creation of a virtual world where live data is fed, and will operate exactly the way it would in the real world. Examples include retail store where the shopping experience is optimized in real time and shelves are always stocked.
- The metaverse does not need to be tied to any existing physical asset
- The metaverse does not require sensor data to exist. However, real time can be utilized for various applications
- The metaverse requires a level of immersion where a user must immerse in a virtual world
- Digital twin requires an object or process that can be represented. Any change in the physical world is reflected in the digital representation
- Digital twin depends on data integration. Sensors attached to a real-world asset are utilized where real-time data forms the bridge connecting to its virtual counterpart
- The digital twin can be accessed by anyone, even on a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet
Key questions will be answered through this study
- What is the market size and forecast of the Global Metaverse Technology Market?
- What are the driving factors and effects of digitalization shaping the global Metaverse Technology Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the products / segments / applications / areas to invest in over the forecast period in the Global Metaverse Technology Market?
- What is the Opportunity for a Competitive Strategic Strategy in the Global Metaverse Technology Market?
- What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the Global Metaverse Technology Market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Metaverse Drivers & Challenges
3.1.1 Rise in Number of Gamers
3.1.2 Upsurge in Immersive and Competitive Gaming on Mobile Devices
3.1.3 Emergence of 5G
3.1.4 Increasing investment in the metaverse
3.2 Risks and Challenges in the Metaverse
3.2.2 Currency and payment system
3.2.3 Reputation and Identity in Metaverse
3.2.4 Infrastructure Upgrade
3.3 Risk of Doing Business in Metaverse
4 Legal Issues of Metaverse
5 Layers of the Metaverse
6 Economic Impact of Metaverse
7 Use Cases, By Industry
7.1 Ecommerce & Retail
7.1.1 Gucci expanded its presence on Roblox to develop Gucci Garden
7.1.2 Chipotle hosted virtual restaurant at Roblox to provide its customers with a Halloween experience
7.1.3 Fashion brand Gucci partnered with Sandbox
7.1.4 Luxury fashion house Balenciaga collaborated with Fortnite
7.1.5 Ralph Lauren Launches digital winter-themed collection on Roblox
7.2 Sports & Entertainment
7.2.1 Vans launched Vans World skatepark experience in Roblox
7.2.2 Nike teamed up with Roblox to create virtual world called Nikeland
7.2.3 Roblox hosted metaverse dance music festival of the EDC
7.2.4 Warner Bros united with Roblox to create virtual movie launch event
7.2.5 Indian couple hosted first metaverse wedding reception
7.2.6 Tennis Australia partnered with Decentraland to host Australian Open
7.3.1 Pop stars and singers driving metaverse concerts
7.3.2 Muse Contributed with Stageverse for metaverse concerts
7.3.3 Epic Games partnered with BTS
7.4.1 Accenture collaborated with Microsoft to develop virtual office
7.4.2 TCImage to design buildings in the virtual world, using NVIDIA Omniverse
7.4.3 Meta Platforms Launched Horizon Workrooms
7.4.4 Arent Fox and PWC purchased land site in metaverse
7.4.5 Marriott Bonvoy unveiled digital art in metaverse
7.5.1 Barbados to become the first country to establish an embassy in metaverse
7.6.1 BMW launched JOYTOPIA virtual world
7.6.2 Toyota Turkey held its annual general meeting in metaverse
7.6.3 Hyundai Motors Launches Metaverse Space-Hyundai Mobility Adventure-on Roblox
7.6.4 Design safer cars for Ford’s immersive vehicle environment system
7.7.1 Hyundai Motors partnered with Unity to build Meta-Factory
7.7.2 NVIDIA and BMW demonstrated factory of the future
7.8.1 JP Morgan opened bank branch in metaverse
7.9 Real Estate
7.9.1 Snoop Dogg is building virtual mansion on plot of land in the sandbox
8 Metaverse Applications
9 Metaverse Market, By Technology
10 Market Size & Forecast of Metaverse market, By Offering
11 Market Size & Forecast of Metaverse Market, By Industry
12 Regional Analysis of Metaverse Market
13 Competitive Landscape
- Alibaba Cloud
- Epic Games
- Manticore Games
- Oracle Cloud
- Pico VR
- Sandbox VR
- Somnium Space
- Tencent Cloud
- The Sandbox
- Unity Technologies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bqgkvw
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura WoodSenior Manager
For EST Office Hours Call + 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
General Chat Chat Lounge